Friday, May 16, 2008

Belts of thought

Today I had a serious wardrobial conflict between cuteness and comfort. Those new shoes I got (see past entry) gave me blisters after I walked the halls at work, which I was hoping wouldn't happen, considering they're already broken in. This quote came to me while I sat and bandaged my injured heels:

"I design for real people. I think of our customers all the time. There is no virtue whatsoever in creating clothing or accessories that are not practical."
-Giorgio Armani <---I've always liked him and his lovely, humble attitude! There's an article in December's W of a diary he kept about his trip to Dallas, and I really enjoyed it. You should get your hands on a copy of that issue if you can...maybe at a local Half Price Books or something. The cover looks like this:



















And I'm going to talk about belts tomorrow when I have more time; it's been a very, very long day. I'm glad you stopped by. :)

No comments: