Saturday, May 10, 2008

For Starters...

I'm sure there is a lugubriously healthy amount of helpful and interesting blogs about fashion for the artists, the cheap-a-leaps, the workaholics, the impatient, the neurotics, the pickier-than-anyone, or etc. etc. etc...

But is there a blog in this lonely world for any and all of the above?

There is now.

Welcome to the place you can go to find something you won't find anywhere else: the anatomy and workings of my fashion brain.

I sincerely hope you will find something useful or at least entertaining here, each and every day.

For today, here are a couple pictures of two types of things I'd like to see sold more often in the general array of less expensive chain stores in my town (or any town!). They're all from the Fall 2008 Ready-to-Wear fashion shows.
They're both designed by ADAM.

For this first one, it's the material I like, along with the interesting high-waist. The bird brings a nice hipster touch to it. Doesn't it look like a tattooed yet Hepburn-esque woman named Mev Stoneblue made it in her spare time with the trusty Singer sewing machine she keeps in her bedroom? (and then you look at it and say "why yes, J. Pafoofnic, it does.")


















And the second, it's mainly the cowl neck-piece I'm longing to purchase. Is it a scarf or a neck warmer? I don't really care which; I just wish I could know where to get one for under 25 dollars. If I find such a place that does, I'll let you know.

No comments: